Menu

Sunday, 5 October 2014

[Movie Review] The Maze Runner (2014)


Movie Title      : The Maze Runner
Directed by     : Wes Ball
Based on        : The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Distributed by : 20th Century Fox
My Rating       : 5 of 5

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Maze_Runner_(film))

The Maze Runner is an American science fiction action thriller film about  a sixteen-year-old Thomas, who awakens in the middle of nowhere. He then learns that he and the other boys are put there. They are provided through the boxes that are sent there. The boys have been establishing a functioning society, also trying to find their way out of the ever-changing labyrinth. They have a team called Runners, who are the only ones allowed to get into the intricate maze to map it and try to search for an escape route during the day, but return before nightfall, as the Maze entrance closes at dusk, and no one has ever survived a night in the Maze. It’s been happening for three years, and finally, something changed, forcing them to rush and find the way out as soon as they can.
Main challenge of writing a movie review is not to spoil anything. I’m trying hard, so I hope I don’t spoil anything. The storyline is brilliant. I love the intriguing premise and the fascinating setting. The casts perform really well, too. And they’re all good looking and lovable! There is no significant twist, but it doesn’t mean it is predictable. When we are brought to a completely different kind of world, we don’t really know what to expect, so we just sit back and enjoy the ride. The plot is flowing like a river, so I don’t really have time to think. I just enjoy it. The ending is not predictable, since I don’t have any prediction. What I didn’t see coming was that there will be a sequel. I’m looking forward to see it! Recommended for everyone!



I also posted this review on my Bubblews account. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment