Menu

Saturday, 4 October 2014

[Movie Review] Gone Girl (2014)


Movie Title      : Gone Girl
Directed by     : David Fincher
Based on         : Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Distributed by : 20th Century Fox
My Rating        : 5 of 5

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gone_Girl_(film))

Gone Girl is an American mystery thriller film about a woman who goes missing on the day of their fifth wedding anniversary. The disappearance creates media frenzy and as a result of his awkwardness in front of cameras, Nick Dunne, her husband, is accused as the prime suspect. Clues after clues, they are led to different directions, until Nick actually manages to figure out what is actually happening. It is not as what they think it is at all. 

This is a really amazing movie with genius storyline and twists, so I am not spoiling anything. That’s why the summary is short. It’s pretty much telling you what’s in the trailer, but it’s much more than that. Such a unexpected and unpredicted one. And the ending, is so annoying! Making me so curious. They’re not kidding when they say this is a thriller. Not just an ordinary mystery murder case, believe me. It won’t be something you ever think of. It’s a pretty long storyline, feels like a never ending one. I spent the whole movie trying to figure out what is going on, and I really enjoyed. It’s just brilliant. I don’t even know how to describe. Mind-blowing would fit really good for this movie. Gillian Flynn, you are a genius! I really want to read the novel now, but some says the ending is different. I’m expecting a sequel, to be honest. 

If you like mystery-thriller, especially psycho movie, this is recommended for you.



I also posted this review on my Bubblews account. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment