Menu

Friday, 25 April 2014

[Movie Review] The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro (2014)


Movie Title      : The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro
Directed by     : Marc Webb
Produced by    : Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach
Based on        : Spider-Man by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko
Studio           : Columbia Pictures and Marvel Entertainment
Distributed by : Columbia Pictures
My Rating       : 5 of 5

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Spider-Man_2)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is an American superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man. The second movie reveals more about Peter’s parents, Richard (Campbell Scott) and Mary Parker (Embeth Davidtz). Then, in the present, Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), who is graduating from high school, still continues to fight crime as Spider-Man. Later on, Peter's childhood friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns to Manhattan to see his terminally ill father, the CEO of Oscorp, who then dies. Harry is appointed the new Oscorp CEO, only to become corrupt among the Oscorp board. 
One day, a strange man out of the blue wanders into the city and causes a blackout. Spider-Man attempts to calm him down, but then he attacks the whole city with his new uncontrollable power. And it doesn’t stop there. Another enemy arises, causing Spider-Man a lot of troubles. Peter finally finds out about his parents, especially his dad. His science knowledge, also with the help of Gwen (Emma Stone), manages to defeat the strange blue man who calls himself Electro. Spider-Man also manages to stop the other creature, but it ends quite terribly. 
I really hope I didn’t spoil anything from the summary. Believe me, it is hard not to tell a lot while you’re so excited about the movie. Like the prequel, this one is genius! The plot is brilliant, the conflicts are seriously engaging and unpredictable, and the casts are really talented (and also good looking!). What a great all-in-one package! This movie is really nicely done – absorbing me into the storyline. Great way of storytelling as well, with bits of information from the past, revealing mysteries and satisfying the curious me. Even though the ending is not really acceptable for me… (no, I’m not gonna spoil it!). It’s worth to watch, anyway. Such an entertainment! I watched this straight away after work, so it was a fantastic way to rest and refresh my mind! Aaa, Andrew Garfield... The thing about him is, not just he is cute, I really love his voice! Really matches with Spider-Man! And yeah, as I might have mentioned before, I really love Spider-Man, doesn't matter who plays him, since I love his mask, costume, and all. Dane DeHaan is also cute! Funny how the role of Harry is always played by cute guys! James Franco and Dane DeHaan <3 Anyway, funny how the director of this movie Spider-Man is Marc Webb, if you get what I mean. Lol!



I also posted this review on my Bubblews account. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment