Menu

Sunday, 20 April 2014

[Anime Review] Hyouka (2012)


Anime Title   : Hyouka
Directed by  : Yasuhiro Takemoto
Produced by : Kyoto Animation
Written by   : Shoji Gatoh
Studio        : Kyoto Animation 
My Rating     : 4 of 5

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hy%C5%8Dka)

Hyouka is a 22-episode Japanese anime series based on the first volume of a mystery novel series by Honobu Yonezawa. The story goes around four high school students who are the members of Classic Literature Club. First off, they face a mystery about the history of their club 45 years ago. It then goes on to other mysteries which happen in their daily life, and they manage to solve them all together – which brings adventure to their boring high school life.
This series is quite random, but I like how they manage to have simple but quite interesting mysteries in everyday life. And one thing I really adore about anime, they are really good in characterization. The characters always have strong and stable personalities – which means, they stay in their character. It makes them alive, and you can say they’re unique, because their personalities are different to one another. There is a bit romance, and also about friendship, and as always, I was enjoying it. At first, I wasn’t really attracted, but they managed to entertain and impress me. Team Houteru and Team Mayashi!


I also posted this review on my Bubblews account. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment