Menu

Wednesday, 9 April 2014

[Anime Review] Guilty Crown (2011)


Anime Title   : Guilty Crown
Directed by  : Tetsurō Araki
Produced by : Production I.G's Division 6
Written by   : Hiroyuki Yoshino and Ichirō Ōkouchi 
Studio        : Production I.G 
My Rating     : 3.5 of 5

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_Crown)

Guilty Crown is a Japanese anime television series with 22 episodes, which tells about Shu Ouma, a high school boy who inadvertently obtains an ability to draw out items called "Voids" from other people. He is then thrown into the conflict between a quasi-governmental organization known as the GHQ and a resistance group called Funeral Parlor which aims to restore Japan's independence from the GHQ. In the process, Shu has to deal with the burden his ability puts on his shoulders and the horrific mystery of his past. A lot of loss and pain, but in the end, he manages to regain his so-called normal life, even though it can’t be the same anymore.
I can’t say this is the best anime I’ve ever watched, but it’s quite entertaining. I was quite confused of the plot, though, and I didn’t find myself too engaged with the series, but the characters are quite lovable, and the main idea is quite brilliant. Too bad I didn’t fully enjoy it. The ending is not too satisfying, and yeah, it’s not really engaging. 



I also posted this review on my Bubblews account. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment