Menu

Friday, 7 March 2014

[Anime Review] Detective Conan the Movie: The Private Eyes' Requiem (2006)


Anime Title      : Detective Conan: The Private Eyes' Requiem
Directed by     : Yasuichiro Yamamoto
Produced by    : Michihiko Suwa
Written by      : Hiroshi Kashiwabara
Distributed by : Toho
My Rating        : 5 of 5

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Closed:_The_Private_Eyes%27_Requiem)

Detective Conan: The Private Eyes' Requiem is a Japanese animated feature film based on the Detective Conan manga series about Shinichi Kudo, a high school detective who is accidentally transformed back into a kid and named himself Conan Edogawa. This is the eleventh movie which tells about Ran’s father, along with Conan and friends, are invited to visit a client in a hotel beside a theme park. Ran and the kids leave after being given free theme park wristbands, while Conan and Ran’s father are forced by the client to solve a case. If they can’t solve it, the wristbands, which are wore by them and the rest will explode. They then face a robbery and a murder case which are connected to each other. Heiji is also invited to solve the case, and in the end, they all work together to save everyone. 
This one is also engaging and mind-blowing. Chasing time is always a great suspense. I could finally guess some things in this movie, but as usual, it always has a twist which can blow my mind up. Even when I thought it was already over with a happy ending, it still had one more act, which really made my heart beat seven times faster. There is also Kaito Kid here, so it’s like a full package of my favorite characters. In the seventh movie (my favorite), there might not be Kaito Kid, so the package is not complete, but there’s something it has, that this one doesn’t, so the seventh one is still my favorite up to this point. But this one… really deserves seven thumbs up from me! 


I also posted this review on my Bubblews account. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment