Menu

Tuesday, 4 March 2014

[Anime Review] Detective Conan the Movie: Magician of the Silver Sky (2004)


Anime Title      : Detective Conan the Movie: Magician of the Silver Sky
Directed by     : Yasuichiro Yamamoto
Produced by    : Michihiko Suwa
Written by      : Kazunari Kochi
Distributed by : Toho
My Rating        : 5 of 5

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Closed:_Magician_of_the_Silver_Sky)

Detective Conan: Magician of the Silver Sky is a Japanese animated feature film based on the Detective Conan manga series about Shinichi Kudo, a high school detective who is accidentally transformed back into a kid and named himself Conan Edogawa. This is the eighth movie which tells about another act of Kaito Kid targeting an actress’ jewel, who is then murdered on a flight. After solving the murder case, Conan and friends face another bigger problem – the plane is about to crash, but then they get help from unexpected people. After several conflicts, they made it to land safely.  
Oh my, the movies are getting cooler and cooler! I was forced to skip the seventh, because I couldn’t find the English-subbed version nor the subtitle file. I was starting to have lucky guess on some things in the movie, but still, it can always surprise me in each and different way. I love this one because I could see Kaito Kid, and also, Shinichi more! 
The movie always start with a same narrative, telling about how Shinichi can end up ‘shrinking’ into Conan, but I never skipped it – besides the fact that I want to see Shinichi, it is always different each movie. They will add some more information gradually, and I like what they’re doing. It prevents getting audience bored. The first movie already started with Shinichi being Conan. About how he ends up like that, it’s always told in the narrative introduction, not in a storyline. I love how they do it like that. I wonder they make a special episode when we can see chronologically how Shinichi ends up being Conan. Perhaps they do it in one of the episodes, which I will watch them all after these. 


I also posted this review on my Bubblews account. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment