Menu

Tuesday, 11 March 2014

[Anime Review] Detective Conan the Movie: Private Eye in the Distant Sea (2013)


Anime Title      : Detective Conan: Private Eye in the Distant Sea
Directed by     : Kobun Shizuno
Produced by    : Michihiko Suwa
Based on        : Manga by Gosho Aoyama
Distributed by : Toho
My Rating       : 5 of 5

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Closed:_Private_Eye_in_the_Distant_Sea)

Detective Conan: Private Eye in the Distant Sea is a Japanese animated feature film based on the Detective Conan manga series about Shinichi Kudo, a high school detective who is accidentally transformed back into a kid and named himself Conan Edogawa. This is the seventeenth movie which sets on an Aegis vessel where a Japanese Self-Defense Force member is found dead and a secret spy has infiltrated the vessel. After tumbling apart upon the case, Conan manages to figure out who the culprit is, also stops him from continuing his plans.

This is the last movie! How sad… The next one is an upcoming one this year, probably next month. Can’t wait! This one is as engaging as the previous ones, especially remembering this one is the last I’ve got for now. I could guess the culprit from the beginning, but that was all. The rest was up to Conan and his deduction, as usual. The ending is seriously building great suspense. I was really terrified. If I didn’t know there would be the next one, I might have predicted negative, sad ending. But as we all know, it always has happy ending, and I always end up being very satisfied.  Boy, I will miss Conan so bad after this. I might consider watching the series… I will watch them all, for sure, but am still not sure when.


I also posted this review on my Bubblews account. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment