Menu

Monday, 3 March 2014

[Anime Review] Detective Conan the Movie: The Phantom of Baker Street (2002)


Anime Title      : Detective Conan: The Phantom of Baker Street
Directed by     : Kanetsugu Kodama
Produced by    : Masahito Yoshioka and Michihiko Suwa
Written by      : Hisashi Nozawa
Distributed by : Toho
My Rating        : 5 of 5

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Closed:_The_Phantom_of_Baker_Street)

Detective Conan: The Phantom of Baker Street is a Japanese animated feature film based on the Detective Conan manga series about Shinichi Kudo, a high school detective who is accidentally transformed back into a kid and named himself Conan Edogawa. This is the sixth movie which tells about a demonstration of a virtual reality game which ends up trapping the gamers inside the game. Conan and friends try to figure out how to end the game, while in reality, the police and Shinichi’s father try to solve a murder of a top employee from the cooperation. 
Sugoi! That’s Japanese language for ‘awesome’ or something like that. This one is the best of all, I guess. It involves artificial intelligence, London in old time, Sherlock Holmes, and Jack the Ripper. So cool! Feels like Hunger Games, even though I haven’t watched it, but Conan is so much cooler, I bet! Why are they so genius? I wonder when I can predict at least a part of the ending. The only thing I can guess is, no case Conan can’t solve. He’s a real genius. He’s a high school student (Shinichi), so he’s at my age, or I can be either younger or older, but still, I can never be more brilliant. Ran and Ai are also getting cooler and cooler! Ad this is the first time I knew more about Shinichi’s parents. At first, I thought he’s an orphan (before I watched the movies).


I also posted this review on my Bubblews account. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment