Menu

Tuesday, 25 February 2014

[Movie Review] Nonstop (2014) [Special Edition]


By [Special Edition] I mean, I already watched this movie before the release date. What an honor! I promise not to give teaser, but I will definitely tell whether this movie is worth to watch or not (imho!).

Movie Title     : Nonstop
Directed by    : Jaume Collet-Serra
Produced by   : Joel Silver, Alex Heineman, and others
Story by        : Josh W. Richardson and Chris Roach
Distributed by : Universal Pictures
Release dates  : February 28th 2014
My Rating        : 5 of 5

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Stop_(film))

Non-Stop is a French–American action-mystery-thriller film, set in an international flight from New York to London, where Bill Marks (Liam Neeson), a U.S federal air marshal, as one of the passengers, receives a series of text messages from an unknown number about murder of passengers which will happen every 20 minutes if $150 million is not transferred into a secret bank account. Bill, who feels responsible about the situation, does whatever he can to protect his fellow passengers. Unfortunately, besides the fact that he has two hundred passengers as either victims or suspects – not to mention the flight attendants, the captains, and Bill himself, he also finds how the murders happen inevitably and unpredictably. The more he tries to stop it, the more it happens. It is a mind-blowing game which intention is not only about the money, but an unexpected reason.
 
It’s a genius movie! To be honest, I wasn’t attracted at all to watch this movie. Well, the synopsis sounds great, but I don’t know, I just wasn’t interested. But since I could watch it for free, so I gave it a shot, and I didn’t regret it at all! Probably because I didn’t put my expectations too high, so the movie turned out to be really amazing. I love how they don’t just focus on one main character. The spotlight is split to other characters which grows my suspicion to all of them. Neither the main character nor I know who the culprit is, so the culprit can be anyone on or even off the plane, so it’s really mind-blowing and curiosity-growing. During the whole movie I could only guess who the culprit is, but I got no clue at all. The real culprit turns out to be someone completely different from my assumption.
In the beginning, the movie gives audiences space and time to learn the characters and also their personalities, especially the main ones. Bill is a watchful man, as he observes people around him, and I like how the camera follows his gaze – focus to one thing and out of focus to others. I also love how they carefully not to make people bored. There are funny scenes as well, also engaging actions and unpredictable twists. The casts are really talented. They all grow my suspicion, and it’s really hard to guess who’s behind it all. Really mind-blowing! Go watch it right away when it's released! Trust me, it will be worth it!


I also posted this review on my Bubblews account. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment