Menu

Wednesday, 19 February 2014

[Movie Review] The Lifeguard (2013)


Movie Title      : The Lifeguard
Directed by     : Liz W. Garcia
Produced by    : Liz W. Garcia, Milan Chakraborty, etc.
Written by      : Liz W. Garcia
Distributed by : Screen Media Films 
My Rating       : 3 of 5

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lifeguard)

The Lifeguard is a 2013 American comedy-drama film about a reporter Leigh (Kristen Bell), who is sick of her life in New York City and decides go back home to Connecticut. She lives again in her parents’ house, gets her high school job as a lifeguard, and reunites with her high school friends. About to turn 30 years old, she ends up hanging out with high school teens and messes up her life – relationship with her friends and family, even begins a relationship with a troubled 16-year-old, Jason (David Lambert). In the end, she tries to get her life together and goes back to the city to start a new better life. 
Sorry, there’s not much to say about this movie. I watched it because there’s Kristen Bell here (my favorite actress), but what disappoint me the most is, not all movies that are played by your favorite actor/actress are good. It stinks, because, yeah, you expect a lot, and get nothing, really. This isn’t one of my favorite movies. It taught a little bit of lesson – you can’t run away from life. You just gotta face it. And also, no matter how messed up your life is, there’s always away to get back and fix it. The casts are fine. I love David Lambert, by the way, but yeah, it’s just not my type. Too bad, eh.


I also posted this review on my Bubblews account. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment