Menu

Saturday, 15 February 2014

[Movie Review] The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)


Movie Title      : The Amazing Spider-Man
Directed by     : Marc Webb
Produced by    : Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad, and Matt Tolmach
Based on        : Spider-Man by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko
Distributed by : Columbia Pictures
My Rating        : 5 of 5

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Spider-Man_(2012_film))

The Amazing Spider-Man is an American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man. Since he was young, Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) was left with his uncle and aunt by his parents who mysteriously depart. One day, Peter finds his father's papers and learns he worked with fellow scientist Dr. Curt Connors (Rhys Ifans). Sneaking into a lab, Peter is bitten by a genetically modified spider and later discovers that he has developed spider-like abilities. After studying his father’s papers, Peter visits the one-armed Connors, reveals who he is and helps Connors his experiments. 
One day, Peter’s uncle is shot by a thief, and Peter uses his new abilities to hunt criminals matching the killer's description. He then comes up with an idea to make a suit and mask, also builds mechanical devices to attach to his wrists to shoot a biocable "web". After seeing success with his experiments, Connors tries the formula on himself. After passing out, he awakens to find his missing arm has regenerated. His skin is turning green and scaly. He becomes a violent hybrid of lizard. Peter and Connors, who eventually know their ‘secret’ identity, then get into fights. Connors plans to make all humans lizard-like. After a long struggle, Peter manages to stop him, with Captain Stacy’s help. Before his death, Captain Stacy (Denis Leary) makes Peter vow to keep his daughter, Gwen (Emma Stone), who is also Peter’s crush, safe by leaving her out of it. In a closing-credits scene, Connors, in a prison cell, speaks with a mysterious man in the shadows who asks if Peter knows the truth about his father.
It’s an open ending, and we’ll know what happens next in the sequel. Ah, I can’t wait! I always love Spider-Man. He’s my favorite superhero! And both of Spider-Man movies I have watched, they both are fantastic! I was a little bit upset with the fact that Peter here doesn’t have the ability to make his own web, but he’s pretty cool he can build his own. The plot is brilliant. They are different in those two movies, but they are all genius. The casts, in both movies, are so talented! Well, I have to say I prefer Andrew than Toby now, but they both are great! I don’t know which one is better. Why did they make two versions of it anyway? But it’s all right. I’m enjoying it. They both are great! I know I haven't made the review of other Spider-Man movie(s), but I will! And I’m definitely looking forward for the next movie(s).


I also posted this review on my Bubblews account. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment